Instagram
Follow on Feedspot
Follow on Bloglovin
Nicoles Nails

Tuesday 21 January 2014

The gradient experiment

Hi everyone, welcome to today's post. Today I've done a bit of experimenting with gradient polish. I've seen plenty of these on Pinterest and to be honest they make it look a lot easier than it actually is! 

I decided with a purple gradient using BarryM's 'plum' for the darkest part, Rimmel's salon pro 'purple rain' for the middle and BarryM's 'berry' for the lightest. 


Get yourself a sponge and add a line of each from dark to light, then press the sponge on your nail. This makes a lot of mess as it gets polish on most of your finger! But just use a cotton bud to tidy up around the edges with remover. 




I found it wasn't as easy as it just being a perfect gradient first time. I ending up adding either more dark or more light to the nails to help the gradient be more obvious and dabbing with the sponge or a cotton bud to blend the extra polish in. 


As usual I decided I needed an accent nail! So once the gradient was dry I taped up half of my ring finger nail and then I created the gradient again in the opposite direction. Then I removed the tape while the paint was still wet, and again touched it up a bit. 

Lastly add your top coat once dry and your good to go! I think when doing this again I would probably use a make up sponge that's less textured to help with a smoother texture to the gradient. And I'd also maybe use a lighter selection of colours, as I found the dark purple really hard to completely remove from my skin around my nails and I think possibly it may blend better if the darkest colour wasn't so dark. 

So give it a go at home and see what you think :)

Nicole x 

@nicolesnailsuk
Pinterest.com/nicolesnails
Instagram: nicolesnailsuk 


No comments:

Post a Comment