Instagram
Follow on Feedspot
Follow on Bloglovin
Nicoles Nails

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Perfect polka dots

Hi everyone, welcome to today's polka dot themed blog. Today I'm going to be showing you two different ways to do polka dot nails :) 

Firstly I used a nail dotter. This makes really nice neat dots, the only thing I struggled with was keeping the size consistent, as it changed depending on how much polish was on the dotter. The second way used BarryM's white nail art pen, this way I had a lot more control over the size, but needed a very steady hand to keep them all uniform. 


I find the best way to keep the dots
Looking nice and uniform and in straight lines, is to start with a line down the middle of the nail. Then when doing the next line, put each dot in the space in between two dots in the first line and so on. 

The varnish used for this post was 'blandford street' by Nails inc, which I love. Usually not a huge fan of reds but this shade has a hit of pink so it's lovely and vibrant and still girly. 

So hope you enjoyed today's post, and make sure you return tomorrow as I'll be doing a full tutorial on how to do 'rose' nails :)
Nicole x 

@nicolesnailsuk
Pinterest.com/nicolesnails


No comments:

Post a Comment