Instagram
Follow on Feedspot
Follow on Bloglovin
Nicoles Nails

Thursday 13 March 2014

Tutorial Time!

Hi everyone, today I've got a tutorial time for you to try! This is a really effective mani, and made me feel nice and summery! 


The base colour is BarryM's 'papaya' Gelly, which is a lovely bright orange/coral colour. I've done about four coats for this, so it's nice and thick. Once this is really dry you can then start on the zig zag pattern, I've just done an accent ring finger as it's quite fiddly! Use any sort of tape for the next part, I've used masking tape, but normal tape is fine too. 


Cut small triangles into each side of the tape (I used nail scissors as they are much easier to see what you are cutting), obviously the smaller the triangle the more zig zags you will get. Stick the tape to the nail, make sure it's all stuck down well, so no polish can get under the tape. Then paint over your whole nail with your chosen colour. I've used BarryM's Gold for this as it goes really well with the orangy colour for the base. While the paint is still wet slowly peel off the tape and you should be left with your zig zag pattern. 


Next I wanted to add some glitter to the mani. Now as much as I've got some lovely glitters in my collection, none of them were quite what I was looking for so I thought I'd make my own! You just need some clear top coat for this and some dry glitter. I've used an empty contact lens case to do this so I could just throw it away afterwards. 

Pour a small amount of top coat into your chosen pot then tip in as much glitter as you like (I used a lot!) then use a nail brush to apply the glitter, in the same way as normal polish. This created a lovely thick glitter with no gaps, which was exactly what I was looking for. 



And that's it your done! Just add some top coat to your mani and your good to go! 

Nicole x 
@nicolesnailsuk
Pinterest.com/nicolesnails
Instagram: #nicolesnailsuk 

No comments:

Post a Comment