Instagram
Follow on Feedspot
Follow on Bloglovin
Nicoles Nails

Saturday 15 March 2014

Cat and Fish Mani

Hi everyone! I hope your enjoying your weekends while I'm hard at work! Today I've got another cute animal themed mani for you to see! 

First of all, yesterday I broke a nail :( boo! And I can't stand having different lengths so I took the plunge and cut them all off! Now I've had some requests to do some manis for shorter nails, so from now on I can show you that the manis I do are still possible with short nails! This mani is a perfect example, it's still got lots of little details and works better for shorter lengths compared to longer nails. 

As I said in my last post I love owls! But I also love cats, so it was only a matter of time before I did a cat themed mani! 

I've used Barrym nail art pens for this design. First I created the little fish bowl on my thumb nail, just by drawing a rough circle and adding the lip on top. I then added a wavey line for the water and a tiny little goldfish and some bubbles. Once this was dry I then added a few white highlights to the bowl. 


Next I added the little cat to my ring finger. I've chosen to do just half of the cats head so it looks like it's peaking over at the fish bowl. The cat was really simple as it's just a black blob with two points for ears! I then used the white pen to add the details to its face. I also added a little black tail to my little finger. 



My other two nails looked a little bare once this was done so I added some paw prints. This is really similar to doing polkadots. Just a bigger circle first, and four small dots around one edge. 


And that's it! The shorter nails work perfectly as the cat looks as if it's peering into the bowl, which I don't think would have worked so well with my longer nails.

Happy Saturday everyone! 

Nicole x 
@nicolesnailsuk
Pinterest.com/nicolesnails
Instagram: #nicolesnailsuk 

No comments:

Post a Comment