Instagram
Follow on Feedspot
Follow on Bloglovin
Nicoles Nails

Friday 7 March 2014

Lilac Sheen and Gems

Hey everyone, today I've got a pretty purple design to show you which is nice and simple for you to try at home.

I recently purchased a couple of Models Own hyper gels (see the post here) and fancied wearing one of those. I chose the lovely 'lilac sheen' for this mani, and I'm totally in love with the colour! 




I've used two coats, this is a nice thick polish so doesn't need anymore than that. I decided it needed a bit of sparkle so I've added some alternate dark and light purple gems on my accent ring finger. And added one to each of the other fingers as well. 




The gems are so easy to put on. Once your base colour is dry add a thin layer of top coat, then add a small amount of top coat to the pointed end of a cuticle stick (or cocktail stick/pencil) and carefully pick up the gem. Then just place the gem where you'd like it to be on your nail. Press the gem fairly firmly onto your nail so it sticks, but be very careful not to slide it around, otherwise it will probably mess up the base colour and top coat. 



Then once the original layer of top coat is dry add a couple more to seal the gems in place. And that's it! 

I hope you like today's mani. It's nice and simple and really pretty, perfect for the weekend! 

Nicole x 

@nicolesnailsuk
Pinterest.com/nicolesnails 
Instagram: #nicolesnailsuk 

No comments:

Post a Comment