Instagram
Follow on Feedspot
Follow on Bloglovin
Nicoles Nails

Tuesday 11 March 2014

I Love Owls!

Hi everyone, welcome to today's post :) today your getting two for the price of one as I've got two owl themed designs to show you! 

BarryM are running a competition at the moment for animal themed designs and you can enter as many times as you like! So these are a couple of my entries so far.


Now anyone that knows me, knows I'm obsessed with owls! I love them and even have a tattoo of a owl on my foot, very similar to this first design. This literally took 5 minutes, and it was so easy to do. I started with BarryM's 'pearl' from their silk range and waited until it was completely dry. I then used my black nail art pen to draw the branches and to do the tiny owl design on my ring finger. Lastly I added some little pink blobs with my pink nail art pen to represent flowers :) 


The next design took a lot longer! Probably pushing three hours to do both hands! For this one I actually used a real pencil to draw a rough owl design on each nail for me to follow as it was difficult to do without any thing to go by. I used a small nail brush and BarryM's Navy for the body of the owl. Once this was dry I then added the eyes, beak and stomach with tiny nail brushes. 



I'm pleased with how both these designs turned out and I've had loads of compliments at work from customers liking the navy owls :) so I hope you like the designs and wish me luck for the competition! 

Nicole x 
@nicolesnailsuk
Pinterest.com/nicolesnails
Instagram: #nicolesnailsuk

No comments:

Post a Comment