Instagram
Follow on Feedspot
Follow on Bloglovin
Nicoles Nails

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Rimmel Make Up Review

Hi everyone, welcome to today's post. I've got no nails for you today but I do have a little make up review for you to have a read of! 

I've been trying out some new make up recently, and trying to pull myself away from my old cheaper favourites, that I've always worn since I was a teenager! 


I recently tried a few new Rimmel products, which I'm going to review today. To start with I have Rimmel's 'Wake me up' foundation and I have to say I'm loving this. The foundation goings on lovely and evenly and gives you a lovely glow, and I also really like the smell haha! I've gone with soft beige, but to be honest I'll probably go a little lighter next time as I'm quite fair. I use a basic Make up pad to apply my foundation and dot it around my face before rubbing it in. And this goes on nice and smooth so I'm very happy. 








I've also recently been trying Rimmel's 'Match Perfection' compact powder, again I've gone with the soft beige but could of done with something a little lighter! I've always used a cheap brand compact powder, but now I've used this I don't think I'll be going back! The compact powder goes on lovely and evenly and doesn't leave a powdery look to your skin, around your nose and forehead, which I find is a common problem with the cheaper brands. The compact powder also comes with a hidden pad and mirror underneath the powder, so 
definitely great value for money and great to have in your handbag for touch ups! 






(Excuse Lilly the cat nosing in my make up bag!)

Lastly my new product is Rimmel's 'sable brown' Kohl eyeliner pencil. I've already converted to Rimmel eye liner after discovering how awesome it was when I won a Rimmel Goodie bag (see my post here) in January. I've never worn any eyeliner other than thick, bold black eyeliner so going for a more subtle brown was a big change for me. But I really loved it! As with the black kohl pencil it goes on really well and last all day, and the brown coupled with some brown eye shadow was a lovely, more subtle look for me, so I was really pleased :) 

So all in all, my three new products make me very happy, and I'm loving the change from my usual brands, and doubt very much I'll be reverting back to them. And it's shown me that sometimes you actually do get what you pay for! And it's definitely worth going for a branded make up product such as these Rimmel ones! 

Nicole x 
@nicolesnailsuk
Pinterest.com/nicolesnails
Instagram: #nicolesnailsuk 

No comments:

Post a Comment