Instagram
Follow on Feedspot
Follow on Bloglovin
Nicoles Nails

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Tutorial time!

Welcome to today's tutorial time. I've done some more experimenting for you today for this tutorial. I've created some newspaper printed nails for you to try at home. 

For this you'll need some cut up newspaper, some cotton pads and some form of alcohol, I've used vodka (the tutorials online I've read recently have suggested rubbing alcohol). 

First of all choose a really pale base colour. I've used white, but origanially tried a light brown but the effect didn't show well on the darker colour. Wait until it's really dry (a good hour at least) and then put some alcohol onto the cotton pad, in the same way you'd use remover. 




Then place a square of newspaper onto the pad, gently press the paper down until you can see the paper has soaked up the alcohol. Carefully place the paper and the pad onto your nail, try your best not to move it/let it slide or the pattern won't be crisp. Press firmly on your nail for a few seconds and then gently pull the pad and paper away. This should leave the newspaper print on your nail. 




Mine didn't come out quite as dark as I expected but I actually like the faded look of it, and I also liked how they aren't all in straight lines. 

I'm particularly proud of the stars on my ring finger, which I cut out from the event section of the paper! 

You'll need to put a top coat on otherwise the print will wash off, but make sure you wait quite a while of it will pull the ink down the nail and smudge it. 

So I hope you like today's tutorial. Come back soon to see more! 
Nicole x 

@nicolesnailsuk
Pinterest.com/nicolesnails
Instagram: nicolesnailsuk 

No comments:

Post a Comment