Instagram
Follow on Feedspot
Follow on Bloglovin
Nicoles Nails

Friday 2 May 2014

Black and gold #2

Hey everyone, today I've got another little idea for you all to try at home. A little while ago I posted a nice and simple black and gold mani (see it here) using my BarryM matte black. I really love the bold, striking look black and gold manis give, and today's mani is no exception!

Now I needed a mani to go with a black dress and gold accessories ready for a friends charity ball, and this design went perfectly and I created it just by having a little play around (along with a few failed attempts at ideas!).


I started with two base colours on alternate fingers. Some black and some gold. Once these were dry I used my black BarryM nail art pen and literally scribbled out the middle section of two nails. I was really surprised at how effective this simple little trick was! 


I then decided the mani still needed something extra, and for once this wasn't glitter! So I grabbed some yellowy/gold gems and placed them down one side of the remaining nail to contrast against the black base colour. To do this, you literally just need to add a layer of top coat to the nail, place the gems in the desired place and then put a couple of layers of top coat over them to seal them down. Nice and easy! 

So I hope you like today's design. Return soon to see more! :) 

Nicole x

@nicolesnailsuk (Twitter and Instagram) 

No comments:

Post a Comment