Instagram
Follow on Feedspot
Follow on Bloglovin
Nicoles Nails

Friday 9 May 2014

Tutorial time!

Hi everyone. Today I've got a little tutorial time for you to learn. Now those of you that follow me on twitter will know I had a fairly unsuccessful evening of nail art last night, which was very frustrating! 

Anyway, one of the manis I tried was this one, which came out the best. Quilted nails is something I've attempted lots of times, trying lots of different methods but so far I hadn't found one that I could make work, until now :)

To start off with, choose your base colour. I've gone with a new purchase of mine, BarryM's 'Green Berry'. This colour is a gorgeous bright turquoise, and it's from their Gelly range so has a lovely shine to it. 

To start your mani put two very thin layers of your chosen colour on your nails. Then wait as long as you can until your nails are dry. 


For the quilting, I've chosen to just do my accent ring finger. I've used very thin nail tape for this. You could cut normal or masking tape into very thin stripes, but it will be soo time consuming, it's worth spending a couple of pound on ebay for nail tape! 

Stick the tape onto your nail in a criss-cross pattern, making sure all of its stuck down firmly. Then use the same polish again to paint over the top of the tape.

You then need to pull the tape off, while the paint is still wet. It's also a good idea to keep in mind the order you put the tape on so you can pull them off in the right order (backwards). 


And that's it! It's not as tidy as I would like, but I think that may be because I didn't pull the tape off quick enough. But at least I've finally found a way to create quilting that actually works! 

Nicole x 

No comments:

Post a Comment