Instagram
Follow on Feedspot
Follow on Bloglovin
Nicoles Nails

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Purple Bows

Hi everyone, welcome to today's post. Today I've got a Rimmel swatch from their new Rita Ora range. The dark purple colour is called 'midnight rendezvous' (loving the name!) and it's a gorgeous really dark purple. 

The polish goes on lovely and smooth, and of course dries super quick as it's one of their '60 seconds' range. I've only used 2 coats for today's mani. 

I wanted an accent nail as usual, so sticking with Rimmel I used their purple Space Dust polish 'moon walking' which is one of my favourite textured glitters. You can see my swatches of this polish here

Now those of you that follow my Instagram will know I received some nail mail last week in the shape of some gorgeous little bows. So using some nail glue I added them onto my accent nail for this mani. 


With this post you're getting two manis for the price of one when after a couple of days I decided to try the mani with a lighter purple (partly for the blogs benefit and partly because I glued the bow on so well I couldn't get it off! Haha!). I used BarryM's Gelly polish 'Prickly Pear' for this, and found that the mani worked nicely with the lighter polish, but I think it was definitely more effective with the darker colour. 



So I hope you like today's mani, let me know which of the two you prefer. 

See you soon for more designs. Also I would be really grateful to any of you if you wanted to nominate my blog for the Cosmo blog awards for best newcomer/best new blog. Thanks! :) vote here!

Nicole x
@nicolesnailsuk

1 comment: