Instagram
Follow on Feedspot
Follow on Bloglovin
Nicoles Nails

Friday 16 May 2014

Wildlife Mani

Hey everyone! Today I've got something a bit different for you to have a look at. My mani today I treated more like doing a painting of piece of artwork, rather than nail art. You'll also have to ignore the unfinished look of the mani in the pictures! I took them before completely tidying the edges and then completely forgot to retake them before I removed the design! Silly me! Anyway...

I started off with BarryM's 'Pearl' from their Silk range for the base colour. You can see some swatches from the Silk range here. I then used actual Acrylic paints for the designs on each finger.



Acrylics work so much better than normal nail polish for these sort of designs because they go onto the nail so much better and thicker than a polish, so there's no need to go over a design again and again to make it darker. Acrylics also allow you to blend colours and make new colours to suit your design. Also if you make a mistake you can correct it with water, but nail polish remover also works when taking the whole design off. 


I've gone with a wildlife type theme for this mani and decided to put something different on each finger. My favourite has to be how my thumb nail turned out though, will the small butterfly and flower :)


So I hope you like today's design, I really enjoyed doing something a bit different for you to see and I loved working with the Acrylic paints for a change!

Nicole x 


No comments:

Post a Comment