Instagram
Follow on Feedspot
Follow on Bloglovin
Nicoles Nails

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Purple and Lilac

Hi everyone, welcome to today's post. Sorry about my few days absence! But I'm back now with a lovely little purple design. 

For this mani I've used BarryM's 'Plum' as the base colour, which is a lovely dark purple. And for the second layer I've used BarryM's 'Berry', which is a pretty lilac shade. 


I was going to do this post as a tutorial, but it's not really necessary as it's so simple to do! Literally just wait for your chosen base colour to be dry. Wait as long as you can for this! Then use tape to section half of your nail off, in any direction you fancy. Make sure the tape is completely stuck down and flat on your nail and then paint the exposed nail in a lighter colour. 

Peel back the tape and you should be left with a nice crisp line separating your two colours. 


So I wanted an accent nail (as usual!) but couldn't decide what to do, so I decided to go with some gems. I tried a few different patterns but in the end I covered my whole nail in them! Ha! 


To add the gems just add some top coat to your nail and use a cuticle stick to gently stick the gems into the wet top coat . Once you've finished just add some top coat on top to seal them down. And that's it! I hope you like today's design and make sure you come back soon to see more of my manis!  

Nicole x

Pinterest.com/nicolesnails
Instagram: #nicolesnailsuk @nicolesnailsuk
Twitter: @nicolesnailsuk 

No comments:

Post a Comment