Instagram
Follow on Feedspot
Follow on Bloglovin
Nicoles Nails

Friday 31 October 2014

Gel sculpting

Hi everyone! Today I've got something a bit different for you to have a look at. Those of you that read my last post will know I'm doing a UV Gel Nail diploma at the moment and have been practicing on my own nails.

One of my favourite things to do with gel is sculpting the tips (my course just teaches me to apply tips, so this is self taught!). Sculpting is creating an extension to the nail, without actually gluing on a fake tip, but by using the gel to form the shape and length you want.




To sculpt you use a sticker as your guide, and once it's set, you just peel the sticker off and your sculpted gel is left behind. 



In the pictures (excuse my nasty nails I'd just removed my previous set!) I've created a traditional French manicure design, by adding white gel onto the tips once they were sculpted. Lastly I added a bow as an accent on each ring finger to make the normal French mani a bit different. 


I hope you like, return soon for more of my gel designs and practicing! 

Nicole x 

@nicolesnailsuk 

No comments:

Post a Comment